The best way to learn how to swim
Welcome to Taunton Schools Swim School
Learning to swim is a life skill. We aim to make it a fun and educational journey whilst promoting the development of core muscles, co-ordination, and self-confidence. At Taunton School we are committed to providing lessons that teach children to be safe in and around the water.
Why choose our Swim School?
- Our lesson plans are designed in accordance with Swim England, the governing body for swimming in England
- We aim to deliver exemplary swimming lessons to all our swimmers, encouraging them to achieve their full potential whilst making learning an enjoyable experience
- Our team of fully qualified swim instructors are friendly, experienced, and knowledgeable, ensuring children are in capable hands
- Our swimming lessons are available for children aged 3 to 13 years, meaning our focus is centred wholly around teaching children to swim
- Once part of our Swim School you can gain access to our online Home Portal, which tracks your child’s weekly progress online
- You can watch your child during lessons by the poolside
- We run themed events regularly throughout the year, these intensive courses are designed to enhance swimming ability and allow children to master skills taught in the pool, focusing on perfecting technique whilst enjoying the social experience with other children
- You are encouraged to develop a relationship with the Swim School team to keep abreast of progress and opportunities
Once your child is ready to progress on from our Learn to Swim programme, we provide academy lessons for swimmers who are looking to continue their swimming and move towards a future in competitive swimming. When your child is ready to take their competitive aspirations to the next level, there is a smooth transition between our Swim School and Taunton Deane Swimming Club, whose head coach also teaches swimming for our National Curriculum here at Taunton School.
Our expertise. Our promise
We want every child to love swimming, respect the water and swim skilfully.
Our swimming lessons are designed and supplied in partnership with Swim England, the national governing body for swimming in England. We aim to help children learn how to swim and enjoy the water safely, adhering to the highest teaching standards, and ensuring quality swimming lessons.